Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamically call DataSets
megabri
<p>I was wondering if there's a way in BIRT to only call a dataset if a certain case is met? Here's how my layout works....</p>
<p>I have a grid that's tied to a dataset that returns a type. The type can either be a, b or c. Inside that grid i have 3 other grids. Each of those grids has their own dataset. I only want to call one of those three grids. So if on the main grid the type is a then I want to call the dataset that's on the first child grid and not the other two. If the type is b I want to call the dataset that's on the second child grid and not the other two. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone know how I can do that? Right now my report is taking a long time to generate and I think it's because it's calling all these different datasets. Thanks!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BRM
<p>I do reports like this all the time where two or three datasets are called but only one is shown based on report conditions. For me they don't take longer than other types of reports. You might have a look at the queries themselves. Maybe one or more of them needs to be optimized. Then your report will run faster.</p>
megabri
<p>That's usually the case but this report is huge it has over 20 datasets. So every second counts when generating. Any ideas?</p>
BRM
<p>I have never done this but I have seen examples on this forum and elsewhere of building or modifying SQL statements at runtime prior to their execution. Have a look at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=328551/'>this</a>
; for a start. You might be able to simply put SQL statements in a switch statement block and only call the one that was required for the report.</p>