Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
The Bookmark : TOC_0 is invalid. Please check and reset the link
Siva Sandeep
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am getting this below error when I try to click on any contents on the TOC (table of contents).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>"The Bookmark : TOC_0 is invalid. Please check and reset the link"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And there's no exception stack trace in the exception box either.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let me give a brief background on the report. The report has a input parameter based on which the results are retrieved. The parameter is chosen from a drop down box. Now what puzzles me is that, for a particular input param only this error gets thrown when clicking on the TOC. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Values of the drop down are '2012','2013' and '2014'. When data is retrieved using '2012' and '2013', the TOC seems to be working fine with out any issues. But when data is retrieved using '2014' as input param, the TOC throws this Invalid bookmark exception.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This report is packaged as a WAR and deployed in Websphere Application console. When I run this report in my local eclipse birt viewer, I don't get any errors. Adding further information, this report makes use of connection profile store.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could anyone help me out in this weird problem?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Siva.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, nothing shows when you click on the "Show Exception Stack Trace" link? Have you checked the logs? Can you attach your report?
mwilliams
Could you also check and see if you can reproduce this with the sample database?
Siva Sandeep
<p>Hi Michael,<br>
<br>
I'm attaching yet another screenshot showing the empty stack trace portion.<br>
<br>
and yeah, checked the logs. No exceptions/unusual messages in it.<br>
<br>
I'm running the same report in my local eclipse and the TOC seems to be working fine. Because of this, I'm not sure I can reproduce the same problem with a sample database.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Siva.</p>
mwilliams
Your first screenshot showed the pop up, but did not show the empty box. That is why I asked.<br><br>Unfortunately, I don't have websphere to be able to do any testing on it to see if I can reproduce the issue. Could you try running your application on another app server, like Tomcat or JBoss to see if you get the same issue. Maybe we can narrow it down to Webshpere.<br><br>Also, what is your BIRT version?
Siva Sandeep
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry for the delayed response. I built another report similar to the original one from scratch and removed un-wanted group-bys and aggregations and ran that. It seems to be working fine now
</p>