Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PDF and XLS report not working
Tangobee
<p><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;">I'm new to Birt and using 4.4 and this is may be simple question. My html report works fine but when generating xls and pdf throw </span><em>The output format is not supported error</em></p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The output format xsl is not supported.atorg.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.setupRenderOption(EngineTask.java:2031)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:96)</pre>
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;">I tried setting output format to <em>xls_spudsoft </em>and <em>emitterID </em>but no luck</p>
<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, 'Liberation Sans', 'DejaVu Sans', sans-serif;">Here is the code</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
EXCELRenderOption xlsOptions = new EXCELRenderOption(options);
xlsOptions.setEmitterID("uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter");
xlsOptions.setOutputFormat("xls_spudsoft");
response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=\"" + reportName + "\"");
xlsOptions.setOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());
</pre>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tangobee
<p>fixed the pdf problem by setting </p>
<div>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
pdfOptions.setEmitterID(RenderOption.OUTPUT_EMITTERID_PDF);</pre>
</div>
<p>but I'm still having problem with Excel report</p>
mwilliams
In the error you posted above, it looks like you used xsl as the extension instead of xls. If xls doesn't work, let me know and I'll try it out and let you know.