I am using form api and a dct with about 50 fields. Using the FormAPI depending on the user selection, I am hiding most of the fields and allowing the user to identify which items need to be populated.
We are seeing that sporadically the browser crashes. We are unable to recreate the problem reliably.
Seems like either the formapi or something else is causing the crash. Initially we thought it was our development environment. However we are having clients see this happen too.
Does this have anything to do with formapi or the number of unused blank fields? Our average DCR is about 5K while the DCT is about 16KB while the FormAPI is about 27KB.
This issue is a productivity issue because the user may be working when the browser suddenly dies. We do not have this happen with any other application. Consequenlty I suspect that the javascript being generated may have something to do with it.
Are there any guidelines on what not to do for FormAPI.
-----------
I have just been looking in the archives and noticed a bunch of articles surrounding the VF and IE crashes. I am definitely using VF fields. Could this be the main culprit instead of FormAPI?
Edited by navneet on 08/08/03 03:30 PM (server time).