Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Updating variables/parameter in BIRT Master Page when report is loaded
flavinegri
<p>Hello everyone,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to set the value for a variable/parameter used in a BIRT Master Template.</p>
<p>The data source are only available in the report and not in the Master Template. So, only when the report is loaded the data are available.</p>
<p>How can I do?</p>
<p>I already created a parameter in the Master Template set with an intital value.</p>
<p>In the report, I can get the Parameter value but if I try to change the parametern the new value doesn't appear in the footer of the Master Page which always shows the initial value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a way to refresh the value of the parameter in the Master page before the reprot is loaded?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In alternative, is it possibile using a global variable? I tried to use the GET and SET methods but have not been able from the report to set the variable definied into the MAster Template.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am currently using Birt 2.6.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great thanks,</p>
<p>Flavio</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, you have created a template to create reports from with a parameter that you show in the masterpage? When you create a report with this template, you cannot change the value of the parameter that is displayed in the masterpage? Is this correct? If not, could you explain a little more? Is this something you could reproduce easily with the sample database and attach in here so I could run it and see exactly what you're seeing?