Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
parameter dialogue in preview mode?
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I am running a report in preview mode (preview?__repor=abc.rptdesign), how do I bring up the parameters dialogue? If I am running a frameset mode, then there is a mall link on top left which upon clicking brings up the parameter dialogue but I cannot see that bar if I am running in preview mode</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The preview Servlet Mapping doesn't launch the report viewer; instead, it renders directly to an output format. Therefore, there is no navigation bar and no possibility of re-running the report. More information on the Viewer Servlet Mappings at: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Arif shah
<p>Hi P,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Many Thanks for the information. If I wanted to have the frameset mode show everything on first page (the way preview mode does), how can I do that? There is a calendar table that will go to next page no matter what I do. I set the page break interval to 0 but still the table goes to next page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Arif</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Easiest way I can think of is to change the height of your master page to something very long (i.e. 50 inches) and suppress page breaks in your table by setting the Page Break Interval to 0.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Arif shah
<p>Please have a look at attached chart. No matter what I do with it, it will go to next page. I set the master page height to 50 in and set the table page break to 0 but still goes to next page</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Arif</p>
pricher
<p>Yes, but you are forcing a page break on gpeYEARMONTH in your table. Put it back to Auto and you will be fine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Arif shah
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pricher" data-cid="129960" data-time="1407333189">
<div>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The preview Servlet Mapping doesn't launch the report viewer; instead, it renders directly to an output format. Therefore, there is no navigation bar and no possibility of re-running the report. More information on the Viewer Servlet Mappings at: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/documentation/integrating/viewer-usage.php</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi Pricher, I have again come up with a requirement again where I need to run filter in preview mode. Basically I am using mapit library for googlemaps and it only seem to work in preview mode. Now I need to add some prompt to the map so I need to somehow re run the report with a filter</p>
<p> </p>
<p>what I have done is to add a text item with an html link to reload the page with parameters. However, after I click OK, no paramter/filter seems to be applied. Is there any workaround for this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Shah</p>