Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Making parent and child table go along with each other when two data sets with parameter are used
ravi11
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using two datasets which has a linked data with each other using parameter from parent table into the child table. Now the problem is I want to show the data of parent table and child table upto some extent where the page can accommodate and display the next lines in the next page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The pdf contains students S1 to S5 in output1 in class 10, now I want to add S6 to CLASS 10 and show it in the next page in output2. But it is pushing the child table below.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am attaching the pdf files and rptdesign file along with this. Please do ask me if my requirement is not clear.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ravi11
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any alternative way to get this job done??</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You should use a List instead of a Table to display your data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the attached example, I have created a List before your original table to show the difference. The data is based on two new data sets using Classic Models. You should be able to revert to your original data sets easily by changing the data bindings and column values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
ravi11
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your reply,I am looking into it.</p>
ravi11
<p>Hi pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The rpt design you shared with me is not the desired output for me. In the report you are showing France and UK in list.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>All I need is France and UK details coming first in list and its orders after that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let we consider a Student and his Address,here if we are showing 5 students in a page then we should also display their respective address in the same page. If space is not sufficient,then 4 students with their addresses first and then fifth student with his address in 2nd page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Desired Output:</p>
<p>Page1 Start
</p>
<p>Student Name </p>
<p>S1</p>
<p>S2</p>
<p>S3</p>
<p>S4</p>
<p>
group footer starts</p>
<p>Address</p>
<p>A1</p>
<p>A2</p>
<p>A3</p>
<p>A4</p>
<p>
group footer ends</p>
<p>Page1 End
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But your solution is displaying as shown below:</p>
<p>Page1 Start
</p>
<p>Student Name </p>
<p>S1</p>
<p>
group footer starts</p>
<p>Address</p>
<p>A1</p>
<p>
group footer ends</p>
<p>S2</p>
<p>
group footer starts</p>
<p>Address</p>
<p>A2</p>
<p>
group footer ends</p>
<p>S3</p>
<p>
group footer starts</p>
<p>Address</p>
<p>A3</p>
<p>
group footer ends</p>
<p>S4</p>
<p>
group footer starts</p>
<p>Address</p>
<p>A4</p>
<p>
group footer ends</p>
<p>Page1 End
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please correct me if I am wrong or ask me if I need to explain a bit more.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Ravi</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The issue you stated in your original post was a page break before listing detail rows when the number of lines in the outermost table, grouped on CLASS, was too high. That can be resolved by using a list instead of a table. In my example, the list is grouped on COUNTRY, which is the equivalent of CLASS in your case, and displays CITY, which is the equivalent of STUDENT in your case.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I understand you want now is ensure that all the detail lines for students displayed at the top will fit on the same page. Right? If that's the case, it's going to be a lot harder if the number of detail lines varies by student. This would require pre-computing the number of detail lines per header before starting to display the list.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
ravi11
<p>Hi pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, you are right. All the detail lines for students displayed at the top need to be fit on the same page.</p>
<p>Can you send me a design with this requirement if possible?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Ravi</p>
pricher
<p>Honestly, I cannot come up with an easy solution for your requirement.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry about that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
ravi11
<p>Hi pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Its okay. I will try to manage that. Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ravi.</p>