Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
genReport cannot find resources
Max Bo
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In my reports I am using images, CSS files and so on that are all stored in my project's subfolder. When rendering the reports in the preview or on my deployment on a Tomcat server, everything works fine. All resources are accessed and rendered perfectly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As soon as I try to render the reports with the genReport.bat in my folder C:/server/ReportEngine the report itself gets rendered but without any of the resources from the subfolder.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My folder structure within the deployed BIRT folder is as follows:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>birt</p>
<p>-> project_max (project folder)</p>
<p>--> report1.rptdesign</p>
<p>--> report2.rptdesign (uses company_logo.jpg from birt/project_max/res_project_max)</p>
<p>--> res_project_max (folder)</p>
<p>---> company_logo.jpg (in res_project_max)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-> res_project_max (folder on the same level as project_max folder)</p>
<p>--> company_logo.jpg (in res_project_max)</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Based on my experience I need to have copy of the res_project_max folder on the same level as the project_max folder as otherwise the resources cannot be found by BIRT when rendered on the Tomcat server.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for any hints on how to solve this!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Max</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Max Bo
<p>Is this even possible at all or am I missing something here?</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had success when I put the resource folder inside the project folder. Try the following folder structure:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;">folder> project_max</span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"> rpt.rptdesign</span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"> folder > res_project_max</span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"> logo.png</span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"> lib.rptlibrary</span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new', courier, monospace;"> style.css</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Max Bo
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sorry when I did not made that clear but that is exactly my file structure:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
birt
folder> project_max
report1.rptdesign
report2.rptdesign (uses company_logo.jpg from birt/project_max/res_project_max)
folder> res_project_max (folder)
company_logo.jpg (in res_project_max)
</pre>