Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How do I set Java Heap Size in iHub F-Type?
obrientimothya
<p>I have an operation that is running out of memory.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can I increase the iHub F-Type heap size?</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(70,70,70);font-family:'Source Sans Pro';">Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Look at the answer in this forum post.</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34961-how-can-i-improve-the-dashboard-loading-performance/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34961-how-can-i-improve-the-dashboard-loading-performance/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>BTW, what are you doing when you run out of heap space?</p>
obrientimothya
<p>Thanks mblock.<br>
</p>
<p>I was generating a .data file server-side with a lot of rows.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tim</p>
obrientimothya
<p>Hi mblock this did not seem to work - how can i confirm that JVM is accepting this setting?</p>
<p>I am running on Linux.</p>
micajblock
<p>If you restarted the server then it will take the changes. How many rows of data are you using to created the data object? How much memory do you have total?</p>
obrientimothya
<p>I have 8GB - set the Xmx in the large template to 6144MB and restarted iHub services.</p>
<p>acserverconfig.xml.booted shows the 6144MB values</p>
<p> </p>
<p>100,000 rows</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The .data generates fine in Designer when offline.</p>
obrientimothya
<p>It ends up creating about a 14MB .data file in when in Designer connected to the same database.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I may have underestimated the amount of rows somewhat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does the Scheduler in iHub honor the same "large" JVM process settings?</p>
micajblock
<p>There is more than one process that might require this setting. As you have only 8 GB, setting one process to 6 GB might be a problem. Can you attach your acserverconfig.xml?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. In the meantime you can upload to the iHub, the .data file that you generated in the designer. </p>
obrientimothya
<p>Yes, I can just upload the file and all is well :-) However, I'll need to automate long-term.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is the config</p>
<p> </p>
micajblock
<p>Tim,</p>
<p>You forgot to change the template being used. In your case line 482. Change 'small' to 'large'. Also as you only have 8 GB total memory I would recommend changing all instanced of 6144 to 2048.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know if that works.</p>
obrientimothya
<p>This seems strange...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I create iHub/shared/config/acserverconfig.xml with the "large" template setting, 2048M in all Xmx large params.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then, restart server and iHub/shared/config/acserverconfig.xml.<span style="color:#ff0000;">booted</span> gets populated with my "large" setting in place. However, acserverconfig.xml has then been changed back to "small" by the system.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is this a meant to happen?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tim</p>
micajblock
<div>I apologize, there is one more file you need to change. Please edit acpmdconfig.xml in <installation directory>/BIRTiHub/iHub/etc</div>
<div> </div>
<div>under <!—BIRT Service Information --> change</div>
<div> </div>
<div> <Property Name=â€CapacityTemplate†Value=â€smallâ€></div>
<div> </div>
<div>to </div>
<div>
<div> <Property Name=â€CapacityTemplate†Value=â€largeâ€></div>
<div> </div>
</div>
obrientimothya
<p>This fixed the issue, mblock!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help- I'm sure this topic will prove very beneficial to others.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tim</p>
micajblock
<p>Great to hear.</p>