Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report parameter verification
rnikey
<p>I have a requirement where users are to enter a list of up to 10 owner numbers as a Birt report parameter and then these owners would be displayed together with their names so that the users can confirm they are correct before continuing on with the report.</p>
<p>There are close to 4million rows in this table so a list box is not practical (and an attempt at it caused memory leaks on my computer but I'm not going to worry about that, we're not going down that path).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There is a validate event handler on report parameters, which one can return true or false to continue or not with the report which lends itself to what I want.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, querying the owner table for 5 values and displaying them from within the validate script is complicated and beyond my javascript knowledge, I'm not even sure if it is possible. I would need to run a dataset explicitly from javascript and display the results on screen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did create at 2nd report parameter as a list box on a dataset with the intention of dynamically updating the dataset based on the input of the first parameter but alas, this doesn't work, I believe the list box data set is executed before both parameters are displayed and input allowed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can go back to the users and tell them I can just write the owner names in the report; however the report can take over 1/2 hour to run so it is worth first attempting their initial requirement.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions would be appreciated.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet