Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite Templating 5.5.2(Solaris 8.0)
lokesh
Hi All,
I took a backup of templatedata directory in a workarea with all the permissions by tar in solaris and removed the templatedata directory and again i did untar for the templatedata directory. I had some html generadted files by DCR and templates and now when i do edit on the file generated by these templates i am getting an error call Invalid DCR and not able to edit those files.is their any workariund for those.Please i am facing this prblem on on production env.
Thanks to all in Adbvance,
Lokesh.
Thank you,
Lokesh.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
tar operation will not preserve extended attributes. Hence, you has that error message.
to prevent this, you will need to capture EAs prior to your TAR operation and then reapply them later on during untar
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
abhishek_gupta
Hi,
You said
"tar operation will not preserve extended attributes"
.
If we need to preserve the extended attributes, how else do we do it other than tar/zip?
Also if we are having around 1000's of DCR's, is there a mechanism by which we can set the extended attributes of all at one go.
AK
Interwoven TeamSite Consultant
Edited by a_g on 08/11/03 00:35 AM (server time).
Adam Stoller
There is information about migrating extended attributes (
KB 48789
) and using OpenAPI to set extended attributes (
KB 2455
) on this site.
Currently there is no light-weight way to do this - OpenAPI is probably a bit more efficient than making N calls to the
iwextattr
CLT (
I've never used OpenAPI personally, so cannot comment thoroughly on how much better, if better, it is for doing this
) - work is being done to provide a much lighter-weight mechanism for handling this kind of operation, but I believe it will be coming in a
post-
6.0.0 release (
perhaps in an SP?
).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
lokesh
Hi,
I understood and also looked into the KB artical 48789. Do i have any work around now?
nipper
There is a set of scritps on devnet that will taverse a directory structure and save the EAs to a text file & then write them on a new server.
I do not have the name off hand, but the scirpt is something like get_attribute.ipl Do a seach.
Finally these are good but fail on complex filenames (if you have a space in the filename) as well as on special characters in the metadata.
HTH
Andy
lokesh
Hi All,
I got it working. I took a backup from Last Edition that i am having to overwrite the workarea.
Thank you,
Lokesh.