Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Syntax error calling stored procedure
BFC
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">Hi,</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">Eclipse IDE Indigo</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">BIRT plugins 3.7.2</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">Using</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">SQL Server</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">Microsoft SQL 2005 JDBC Driver</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">I have a stored procedure called "PAYMENT_SUMMARY" which takes two date parameters.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">I create a new data set. In the Data Set Type there is only one item in the drop down, "SQL Select Query [Query Build]</span>"</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">I have tried entering all of these and other combinations in the data set SQL Select query box.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">{call DBO.PAYMENT_SUMMARY (?, ?)}</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">call DBO.PAYMENT_SUMMARY (?, ?)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">exec dbo.PAYMENT_SUMMARY ?,?</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">When I try closing the dialog there is an error</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">"This SQL syntax is either invalid or is not currently supported....</span>"</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">With</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">call DBO.PAYMENT_SUMMARY (?, ?)</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">There is no error, but the dialog does not close.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:12pt;">How do I call a stored procedure or table-valued function in the report designer?</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Bob</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet