Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grouped list with charts
rsenden
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In Birt 4.2.2 I have defined a data set that returns columns PROJECT, PI (performance indicator), DATE and VALUE. This data set returns multiple performance indicators with their values for multiple projects, for a fixed set of dates.The attached sample report contains a sample data set (scripted, so no DB needed).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to display a single line chart for each PI, with DATE on the X-axis, VALUE on the Y-axis, and using PROJECT as the Y-axis grouping. So, for the sample data set, I want to see 3 charts for performance indicator 1, 2 and 3, with each chart containing individual lines for project 1, 2 and 3.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In order to repeat the chart for each individual PI, I have created a list element, added a grouping on PI, and added a chart to the PI grouping header. With this approach I get a single chart for each PI, however the Y-axis grouping doesn't seem to work. As such, each chart only contains a single line, which combines the values for all projects.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried adding an additional list grouping on PROJECT, and moved the chart to the PROJECT group header. This however causes the chart to be repeated for each project, with each chart showing a single line containing based on the correct values for each individual project. See the attached sample report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to correctly implement this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ruud</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi Ruud,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am sending you a modified design of your report. I did two things:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>- Move the chart from GH2 to GH1 in your list;</p>
<p>- In Select Data in the chart wizard, change the Inherit Data from Container value from <em>Inherit Columns and Groups</em> to <strong><em>Inherit Columns Only</em></strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>That should do the trick!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
rsenden
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pricher" data-cid="130210" data-time="1408365241">
<div>
<p>- Move the chart from GH2 to GH1 in your list;</p>
<p>- In Select Data in the chart wizard, change the Inherit Data from Container value from <em>Inherit Columns and Groups</em> to <strong><em>Inherit Columns Only</em></strong></p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks, works like a charm!</p>