Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Req field validation problem - VFEditor <Remove>
semaphore
When using <Tagonly> (in VFEditor config file) to remove a tag from text inserted into a VisualFormat Editor enabled textarea, required field validation doesn't work. If I try to save a DCR that has a required textarea with nothing in it, I do not get an error prompt. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!
I am using TeamSite 5.5.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
MattP
just out of curiosity, right click on the textarea and select "view as html" and see if anything is in the textarea value. THere may be some hidden HTML there that you aren't seeing in the WYSIWYG view. If the view as html is dis-abled, go to the dcr and open it to see if there is anything between the <value> tags. I suppose even a <br/> would do it.
Good Luck
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
semaphore
I checked the html source but there is nothing there. Thanks.
MattP
OK, I just tried it and it works. I use the remove tag to remove the font tag. I changed the textarea to be required and when I tested it, I wouldn't let me save until I filled it out. Try to preview your VFE config in a browser to validate the XML. Otherwise, I am not sure.
Win 2k
TS 5.5.2
SP 3
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA