Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Line chart doesn't display data points
mehreen1591
<p>I've a line chart in my BIRT report and I've set the X & Y series definitions explicitly through script. Though the X & Y axes are getting rendered properly based on the data specified, the data points are not shown. Resulting chart is completely blank except the X & Y axes markings.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please help me out.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>See the attached modified report design.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I added dummy values to the data definitions in the chart builder to get rid of the error when running the report. In your script, I commented out the beforeDrawSeries code where you were trying to set the location of the values. In the beforeGeneration script where you add the new series definitions, I cleared the current series definitions right before that. In the afterDataSetFilled, I fixed the get dataSet values code. You had just dataSet.getValues(). I added the series.getDataSet() part. These changes were also commented in the script.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Everything now works as expected. Let me know if you have questions.
</p>
mehreen1591
<p>Hi...Thanks! It worked perfectly
<br>
In my actual report, chart is part of a table. Chart is generated for each row depending on the values computed for each row.<br>
I'm now facing a problem in using those row values (5 of them) in my script to populate the Y axis dataSet of the chart.<br>
<br>
Could you please look into it and let me know how I can access the row values in my script.<br>
<br>
And also though I've set the marker size to 0, yet big square shaped markers are dispalyed in the chart.</p>
<p> </p>
mwilliams
<p>Sorry for the delay. You'll need to grab the values outside the chart, put them in persistent global variable(s) and pass them into the chart context that way.</p>
mehreen1591
<p>Thanks Michael!
That worked perfectly</p>
mwilliams
<p>Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!
</p>