Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Optional Y Series Grouping: multiple series
jxs88
<p>I am developing a line chart, assuming being run for 1 division, 3 fiscal years worth of financials (each year is 13 periods):</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Y Axis - Period financial $ amount</p>
<p>X Axis - Period</p>
<p>Optional Y Series Grouping - Fiscal Year</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I run the report for a single year the graph works fine for each year. I get a single (series) for that specific year with all points exactly where they should be on the graph (Y=$ amounts, X=Period, Opt Y Series=Specific year).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem is when I run the report once for 3 years. I get the 3 different lines, which I expected. But the lines are not overlaying due to the incorrect period $ amounts. I have the following results for each line:</p>
<p>--The 1st year points/line is fine, all points are where they should be. </p>
<p>--The 2nd year points seem to have the sum of (1st + 2nd year/period) $ amounts for each specific period, which puts the points and line above the 1st year line and not overlaying. </p>
<p>--The 3rd year points seem to have the sum of (1st + 2nd + 3rd year/period) $ amounts for each specific period, which puts that line above 2nd year line and not overlaying.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I thought that the Optional Y Series Grouping would group at the fiscal year, the way I asked it to, and not group (sum) subsequent years period $ amounts. My query results already supply summarized amounts for each period/year (13 rows for each year). All the graph has to do is display the data. Any suggestions? I hope that I supplied enough information.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jxs88
<p>Update:</p>
<p>Please close this post. The graph is working fine, I'm not sure why it wasn't working before. Thanks.</p>