Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Flat File as source
Adiel
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am quite new with actuate e report designer. Anyone know how to use Flat file as data source?</p>
<p>I have been looking for this topic but I could not find any.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It will be great if any of u know how to connect it with ODBC.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers,</p>
<p>Fera</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rgleason
<p>To use a flat file, you need to pick "flat file" from the list of "Data Source Types"; it's about half way down the list. Then select "relative" or "absolute" path from the "browse" drop down. and simply direct BIRT to the folder location containing the csv file. You will use "New Dataset" to choose the file and columns to include in your report. </p>
Adiel
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rgleason" data-cid="130400" data-time="1409051351">
<div>
<p>To use a flat file, you need to pick "flat file" from the list of "Data Source Types"; it's about half way down the list. Then select "relative" or "absolute" path from the "browse" drop down. and simply direct BIRT to the folder location containing the csv file. You will use "New Dataset" to choose the file and columns to include in your report. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Thanks for your quick reply. I am very new on this stuff</p>
<p>I don't really understand on this. Do you have report sample for this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your help
</p>
rgleason
<p>Which version of BIRT are you using?</p>