Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Errors Activating on RH Linux
bjett
<p>Hello, I'm trying to get configured on a new 8GB RH Linux virtual instance. The install script runs fine, but when I go to activate, the server says "Activate Code Accepted" but sits for 10-15 minutes before coming back to a login screen. Using "Administrator" with no password always fails. Any ideas?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks, Brian</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Take a look at the information here. Let me know if it helps.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihubftype3/help/faq/index.html#page/Freemium-FAQ/FAQ-Prerequisites.1.4.html#ww154104'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihubftype3/help/faq/index.html#page/Freemium-FAQ/FAQ-Prerequisites.1.4.html#ww154104</a></p>
;
bjett
<p>Hi Mica,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the fast response. I've reviewed the FAQ's and followed the instructions in the quick start guide. The installation script runs without complaint, but the activation steps seems to hang. I've tried three different activation codes (by signing up with three different email addresses), each time on a fresh instance (using both RH Enterprise and CentOS) but I can't seem to get past that step.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Brian</p>
agaikwad
Are you facing this issue on amazon ec2
micajblock
<p>Please message me with the email address and activation code you are using.</p>
bjett
<p>Hi Mica, </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just sent you a message with email and activation code.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi agaikwad,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No, it's on a managed cloud instance at Rackspace. I did see the forum topics related to hostname issues with AWS instances and have updated the /etc/hosts entry as indicated.</p>
micajblock
<p>We discovered that RedHat behaves slightly differently than other Linux systems. Please follow the instructions below to get a fixed host name. We will update documentation accordingly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">We have come up with a solution based on this thread (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=157788'>https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=157788</a>)
and in-house tests:</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">1. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Shutdown iHub (</span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">./stopiHub.sh –t0</span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">) if it’s running</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">2. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Uninstall iHub , but do <em>not</em> re-install until the end @ Step 8</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">3. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Edit the file “/etc/cloud/cloud.cfgâ€</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">a. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">sudo vi /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">b. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Append the following line of text:</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">preserve_hostname: true</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">4. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Edit the file “/etc/hostnameâ€</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">a. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">sudo vi /etc/hostname</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">b. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Replace with this single line of text:</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">my-hostname</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">5. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Edit the file “/etc/hostsâ€</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">a. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">sudo vi /etc/hosts</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">b. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Change the line from:</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">To:</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">127.0.0.1 <strong>my-hostname.localdomain my-hostname</strong> localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;"> This will enable “ping†to work correctly.</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">6. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Reboot the machine</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">a. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">sudo reboot</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">7. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">After the reboot, log into the machine and confirm that the new hostname has taken effect. These three commands should all work correctly:</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">a. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">echo $HOSTNAME</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">b. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">/bin/hostname</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">c. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">ping my-hostname</span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">8. </span></span><span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">Install BIRT iHub F-Type</span></span></p>
<p style="margin-left:1in;"><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">a. </span></span><span style="font-family:'courier new';"><span style="font-size:10pt;">./install.sh</span></span></p>
bjett
<p>Hi Mica,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for the fast resolution, I was able to successfully activate iHub and I'm ready to rock.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Cheers,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Brian</p>
omahpink
<p>Hi, I still found some error after I follow your steps above. My installation run properly, I use iHub 3 with RHEL 5.8 enterprise.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also changed hostname <span style="color:rgb(84,84,84);font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:small;">and fully qualified domain name (FQDN), my screen showing up below :</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>[yogiactuaterhel@actuatenix SystemConsole]$ hostname</p>
<div>actuatenix</div>
<div>[yogiactuaterhel@actuatenix SystemConsole]$ hostname -f</div>
<div>actuatenix.localdomain</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But still error appears "Ihub is not running on actuatenix" when I add nodes in System Console. Any suggest, sir?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Yogi</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
micajblock
<p>What System Console? Are you trying to mix BIRT iHub and BIRT iHub F-Type? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>What are you trying to accomplish?</p>
omahpink
<p>Dear Mica,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just installed iHub 3 sir. And I just followed Actuate installation steps and need install System Console first. Is it true? or Could we only install iHub alone if we dont need the other features in Actuate Products?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Need advise, sir. Thank you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Warm regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yogi</p>
micajblock
<p>System Console and iHub are separate applications. What happens when you enter
http://<span
style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;">actuatenix:8700/iportal</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>This thread was in regards to iHub F-Type, which is slightly different and does not have System Console. I would suggest you start a new forum post and providing as much detail as possible (with logs from your system) or contact Actuate support. They can assist you also.</span></p>
omahpink
<p>Oh, I really apologize sir. I think it talks about iHub 3 also. Okay, I will try ask to Actuate Technical Support. Appreciate that sir, thank you.</p>