Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
If I load a database via a parameter, how can other parameters access the database?
goodside
<p>Currently I use a hidden parameter "db" to specify the database for a report. The name of the database to be inserted into this parameter is passed in via the URL in-browser at runtime. I tell BIRT to use this database in the JDBC Driver URL under Property Bindings for the Data Source, as shown in the image. (based on <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Change_Database_URL_at_runtime_based_on_Parameter_(BIRT)'>http://wiki.eclipse.org/Change_Database_URL_at_runtime_based_on_Parameter_(BIRT)</a>)</p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
goodside
<p><span>It appears I will have to take a route similar to that posted here: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/235486/716568/#msg_716568'>https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/235486/716568/#msg_716568</a>
; use of an external properties file with database info, and utilise beforeOpen to load it. I have created a properties file before, however I am unsure about 2 things: where to save this properties file on our computers, and how to point this code at it? If someone could clarify that for me it would be much appreciated</span>!</p>
fmakwsi
<p>Well just check if the first parameter is null and defined?</p>
goodside
<p>Problem solved (more or less) <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25528864/birt-report-database-set-as-parameter-but-parameter-requires-the-database'>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25528864/birt-report-database-set-as-parameter-but-parameter-requires-the-database</a></p>
;