Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Difference between Ecplise Birt Viewer and Apache Birt Viewer
kidtorres
<p>Hello, I´m facing differences in the report when I see it in PDF in the application, and when I see it in the server in wich I have developed the Birt Viewer on an Apache Tomcat..</p>
<p>In the Layout my table have three Groups in this order:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>O_RETROCESION (the title in the report: Proporcional Retro Automática.........)</p>
<p>T_TIPO_REASEGURO (the title in the report: Facultativos Proporcionales and No Proportionales)</p>
<p>ID_MONEDA (all the headers of the columns in the report: Facultativo Nro, Asegurado, Ramo, etc)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The problem is that as you can see in the first PDF (Birt Viewer), in the second page shows the title "Proporcional Retro Automática 2013/2014 desde el 01/01/2014 hasta el 01/07/2014" (this is saved in the eclipse application) and in the second PDF it´s not printed and I don´t know why because in the properties of the group I have selected the option "REPEAT HEADER"..</p>
<p>What can it be??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much in advance..</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>Usually I see problems like this with PDF's because they need to be generated using seperate run and render tasks. Using BIRT if export directly to PDF from Eclipse instead of exporting it from the viewer are you able to reproduce the issue? </p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="130545" data-time="1409781102">
<div>
<p>Usually I see problems like this with PDF's because they need to be generated using seperate run and render tasks. Using BIRT if export directly to PDF from Eclipse instead of exporting it from the viewer are you able to reproduce the issue? </p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi, thanks for your response. I think that i didn´t explain myself very well. The file attached named BirtViewer was generated in eclipse directly to PDF, and it´s Ok. If I run from Eclipse in the Web Viewer and then, export it to PDF, it doesn´t show the header like the one that I run from my Apache.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope you understand how it´s the situation.</p>
<p>Thank you very much.</p>
<p>Regards.</p>
kclark
<p>Thanks for the explination, let me see if I can't recreate it on my end and let you can. Can you attach a report using the sample DB that shows this as well and attach it?</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="130558" data-time="1409839403">
<div>
<p>Thanks for the explination, let me see if I can't recreate it on my end and let you can. Can you attach a report using the sample DB that shows this as well and attach it?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much for your help Kristopher. I made two examples with the sample DB, and I could find out what´s happening, it´s very strange jaja..</p>
<p>I´m attaching two files, one that it´s working fine, and the other one that has the error (testin_wrong).</p>
<p>As you can see in the testing_wrong, if I add a LABEL to the first Group Header (near Country) it "fails" and doesn´t put the header into the second page..</p>
<p>Hope you can help me.</p>
<p>Thanks again..</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="130558" data-time="1409839403">
<div>
<p>Thanks for the explination, let me see if I can't recreate it on my end and let you can. Can you attach a report using the sample DB that shows this as well and attach it?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>I could find out what´s happening, and adding the label it´s not the problem. The problem is when you set the display option "Inline" to the items in the header, if you set display "Block" it shows the header in all the pages..</p>
kclark
<p>So changing it to block fixed this issue for you? By the way, what version of BIRT are you running? I have the BIRT Viewer (4.3.1) running in Tomcat 7 on Java 7 and can't seem to replicate this.</p>
kidtorres
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kclark" data-cid="130590" data-time="1409927780">
<div>
<p>So changing it to block fixed this issue for you? By the way, what version of BIRT are you running? I have the BIRT Viewer (4.3.1) running in Tomcat 7 on Java 7 and can't seem to replicate this.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes it fixed it, but I need the header to be displayed Inline, so I dont know how to fix it..</p>
<p>I have the Birt Viewer 4.2.0 Version.. maybe it´s because I have an old version??</p>
kclark
<p>Sorry for the slow response, I've tested this against 4.2.0 and 4.4.0, it seems that it's a bug in 4.2.0, can you upgrade or do you need to stick with 4.2.0?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>URL with 4.2.0:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
http://localhost:8080/birt420/frameset?__report=testing_wrong.rptdesign&__format=pdf</pre>
<p>URL with 4.4.0:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
http://localhost:8080/birt440/frameset?__report=testing_wrong.rptdesign&__format=pdf</pre>
<p>I've attached the output from both.</p>