Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to Integrate Birt reports with maps to maven project
pnethaga
<p>I added the following dependency in maven for birt reports</p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"> </p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span>dependency<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span><span>groupId</span><span>></span>org.eclipse.birt.runtime<span></</span><span>groupId</span><span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span><span>artifactId</span><span>></span>org.eclipse.birt.runtime<span></</span><span>artifactId</span><span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span>version<span>></span><span>4.3.0</span><span></</span>version<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span>exclusions<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span>exclusion<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span>artifactId<span>></span><span>org.apache.poi</span><span></</span>artifactId<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span><</span><span>groupId</span><span>></span>org.eclipse.birt.runtime<span></</span><span>groupId</span><span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span></</span>exclusion<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span></</span>exclusions<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"><span></</span>dependency<span>></span></p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"> </p>
<p class="" style="margin-left:40px;"> </p>
<p class=""><span>The reports are running fine. When I added maps to the birt reports the reports are generating fine from Birt Designer pro. View Reports.. <strong>But</strong> they are throwing the following error when I added the report in my maven project.</span></p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">INFO: ODI query execution: 52 ms</p>
<p class="">Sep 3, 2014 2:46:55 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask handleFatalExceptions</p>
<p class="">SEVERE: An error happened while running the report. Cause:</p>
<p class=""><span>java.lang.NullPointerException</span></p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(<span>LocalizedContentVisitor.java:980</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localizeForeign(<span>LocalizedContentVisitor.java:591</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localize(<span>LocalizedContentVisitor.java:176</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(<span>LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:37</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(<span>HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(<span>HTMLPageLM.java:92</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(<span>HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(<span>RunAndRenderTask.java:181</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(<span>RunAndRenderTask.java:77</span>)</p>
<p class="">at com.shn.reports.shnreports_Trunk.App.main(<span>App.java:77</span>)</p>
<p class=""><span>org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException</span><span>: Error happened while running the report.</span></p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.handleFatalExceptions(<span>EngineTask.java:2360</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(<span>RunAndRenderTask.java:191</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(<span>RunAndRenderTask.java:77</span>)</p>
<p class="">at com.shn.reports.shnreports_Trunk.App.main(<span>App.java:77</span>)</p>
<p class=""><span>Caused by: </span><span>java.lang.NullPointerException</span></p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(<span>LocalizedContentVisitor.java:980</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localizeForeign(<span>LocalizedContentVisitor.java:591</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localize(<span>LocalizedContentVisitor.java:176</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(<span>LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:37</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(<span>HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:65</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(<span>HTMLPageLM.java:92</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(<span>HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:100</span>)</p>
<p class="">at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(<span>RunAndRenderTask.java:181</span>)</p>
<p class="">... 2 more</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">I believe this is a dependency issue. Suggest me if I need to add more dependencies in my pom.xml.</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class="">Thanks</p>
<p class=""> </p>
<p class=""> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pnethaga
<p>I am using BIRT designer pro and was able to run the report from "view report". But I am not able to integrate this report to my maven project. The report runs fine, but no maps are displayed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I believe that, the jars that are specific to maps are missing. How can I include these dependencies and can some one guide me through the setup for the maps to appear on the report.</p>
Clement Wong
<p>There are no .JARs associated with the BIRT Online Maps library. There is, however, an .rptlibrary associated with it. Do you have a <em>BIRT Online Maps.rptlibrary</em> in your resources directory?</p>