Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to handle the result seti which is very huge.
Marco_Fu
<p>Dear all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p> I think this is a common issue. And may be resolved by yours. Since I am new to Birt. And have no idears.</p>
<p>I will appreciate your help in advanced.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> scenario: One query will return a huge size of resultset. bigger than 1G. The customer need a report in excel format which include this kind of huge result set. Every time the out of memory is occurred when generating this report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> My question is can Birt emit this resultset to excel in few times? I means first round emit 300MB or else and second round emit 300MB or else. and the last round emit the left reesultset and the excel is done.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Birt version:3.7.2</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>You'd likely have to modify the emitter to do this. Another option could be to use Java class to check the size of your query and use parameters to filter the table results until the report has been executed enough times to output all the data.</p>