Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Restrictions on Author roles
Annad
Hi,
I was a submitting a DCR to staging as an author. Once the workflow started, it has a user task in which you'd have to metatag the DCR.
The only actions that could be performed (by an author) for the DCR in the workflow are "edit" , "Detach", and "Comments".
Is there any way to get the 'tag' option to the DCR so that I can metatag it?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite (include patches and service packs applied)?
Which UI are you using (WebDeskPro or WebDesk [authors-only])?
Do you already have a custom menu setup in your iw.cfg file for Set Metadata (or similar)?
If so - is that custom menu item under the "File" menu?
If so - it should appear within the Task Options for each file associated with the job when you do Edit Task within the To Do List (assuming WebDeskPro)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Annad
It wasn't a problem for me in Webdesk Pro, but only in Webdesk.
I was required to test my workflow in Webdesk[authors-only].
Is that a problem.
Adam Stoller
Check the iw.cfg for the custom menu item for setting metadata - if the entry doesn't end with:
.... , "", "500"
Add them, do an iwreset -ui, logout of TeamSite and log back in again - that should allow the menu item to show up within the WebDesk interface.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Annad
I already have this line in the iw.cfg file.
Here is the part where it is:
...
[iwcgi]
branch_label=SUB-BRANCHES
staging_label=STAGING AREA
edition_label=EDITIONS
workarea_label=WORKAREAS
list_page_size=100 # Should be a multiple of 25 (-1 for unlimited)
custom_menu_item_reports="View", "Reports", "report.cgi", "admin, master", "scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=640,height=545"
custom_menu_item_tsdemos="File", "TeamSite Demo", "file:/iw/flash_demos/open-me.html", "all", "scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=640,height=545"
custom_menu_item_metadata="File", "Set Metadata", "mtmetaproxy.cgi", "all", "scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=640,height=545","500"
edition_list_limit=5
view_history_limit=20
use_iwproxy=yes
single_browser_window=false
case_sensitive_sort=no
use_launchpad_applet=true
launchpad_hostname=ncap009
domain_list=ncap009
...
Annad
I added the as you said, but that put the metadata option under file menu, but not when the file is in workflow.
The only actions that a file in a workflow have are "edit", "Detach", and "Comments".
I guess the suggestion you gave was to be able to metatag when the file is sitting on Teamsite under a workarea , but not when it is in a workflow.
rwinterpacht
You will have to see exactly which workflow is being executed here, and then look to see what the process flow is.
Is it the default_submit.wft that's being run? If so, there is no task that sets metadata on attached files...you'd have to add the externaltask (or cgitask) to call the metadata capture.
Thanks,
Raf Winterpacht
Adam Stoller
custom_menu_item_metadata="File", "Set Metadata", "mtmetaproxy.cgi", "all", "scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=640,height=545","500"
You're missing a piece there - it's:
custom_menu_item_metadata="File", "Set Metadata", "mtmetaproxy.cgi", "all", "scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=640,height=545",
"",
"500"
Try that and the other directions I gave and see if that makes any difference (I don't have a system to test it on right now, so it
might not
fix this issue)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Annad
I can get the metatagger to run for a task, but when I need to metatag each DCR separately, I need the tag option for each DCR.
I do have a cgitask, that invokes the metatagger for the task, but how do make the tag option available for each DCR in that task.
Please see the attached file where I have screenshots of each situation.
Annad
I added the the line as you said.
Here it is:
custom_menu_item_metadata="File", "Set Metadata", "mtmetaproxy.cgi", "all", "scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=640,height=545","","500"
It still did not work.
Please see the attached file for more detail.
Adam Stoller
Hmm - well I haven't really used the WebDesk interface that often - and even less frequently when dealing with workflows - but I don't think there is any way within the current product to alter the UI in the way that you are desiring (btw, nicely annotated diagrams - very clear to understand what you were talking about).
About all I can suggest is contacting Support to open up a feature request, but I'm not all that confident that this kind of change would be made at this point (but if you don't ask, it definitely won't).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)