Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Bringing up metatagger
Annad
Hi,
Is there any way how I can (in a workflow template) bring up metatagger GUI pop up when it is not the first task in the workflow. What happens now is that, in my .wft file, the metatagger is the not the first task. So when the workflow starts, the metatagging task sits on the task list.
I want the metatagger GUI to pop up automatically.
Any help on this will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
1. What version/platform of TeamSite are you using?
2. What and what type of task do you have prior to MetaTagger task in your workflow design?
If you can have all the tasks prior to this MetaTagger task as CGITASKs then you would be able to do this real quick. For MetaTagger GUI you must be runnign the mtmetaproxy cgi as a CGITASK in your workflow and this can use the same browser that previous CGITASK would use.
In order to suggest ways, it would help if we knew your rough design for the Workflow.
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Annad
I have TeamSite 5.5.2 and running it on Windows 2000.
I have external tasks as the first task in the workflow and then I have user tasks since it needs user intervention.
Here is roughly what I have in the wft file.
<!-- =============== Validate DCR =================== -->
<externaltask name="Validate DCR"
owner='__TAG__("iw_user");'
description="Validation of DCR content and file name"
start="t">
<areavpath v='__INSERT__("$areavpath");'/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Apply Metadata">
<succ v="File Properties"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="Reject DCR">
<succ v="Reject DCR"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v='__INSERT__("$iwperl_home/bin/iwperl $iwhome/local/custom/scripts/HRDC_dcr_validate.ipl");'/>
<files><template_script><![CDATA[
for (my $i=0; $i < __ELEM__('iw_file'); ++$i)
{
__INSERT__("<file path='__TAG__(iw_file[$i]);' comment='Selected DCR'/>\n");
}
]]></template_script></files>
</externaltask>
<!-- =============== Set File Properties =================== -->
<externaltask name="File Properties"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Set file properties">
<areavpath v='__INSERT__("$areavpath");'/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Apply Metadata To Linked Files">
<succ v="Metadata"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v='__INSERT__("$iwperl_home/bin/iwperl $iwhome/local/custom/scripts/HRDC_dcr_saveandclose.ipl");'/>
<activation>
<pred v="Validate DCR"/>
</activation>
</externaltask>
<!-- ====================== Reject DCR ============== -->
<usertask name="Reject DCR"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Reject Invalid DCRs">
<areavpath v="__INSERT__($areavpath);"/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Validate DCR">
<succ v="Validate DCR"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<activation>
<pred v="Validate DCR"/>
</activation>
</usertask>
<!-- =============== Set Metadata =================== -->
<cgitask name="Metadata"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Apply Metadata">
<areavpath v="__INSERT__("$areavpath");"/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Validate metadata values">
<succ v="Validate Metadata"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v="mtmetaproxy.cgi"/>
<activation>
<pred v="File Properties"/>
</activation>
</cgitask>
Annad
I have TeamSite 5.5.2 and running it on Windows 2000.
I have external tasks as the first task in the workflow and then I have user tasks since it needs user intervention.
Here is roughly what I have in the wft file.
<externaltask name="Validate DCR"
owner='__TAG__("iw_user");'
description="Validation of DCR content and file name"
start="t">
<areavpath v='__INSERT__("$areavpath");'/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Apply Metadata">
<succ v="File Properties"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="Reject DCR">
<succ v="Reject DCR"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v='__INSERT__("$iwperl_home/bin/iwperl $iwhome/local/custom/scripts/HRDC_dcr_validate.ipl");'/>
<files><template_script><![CDATA[
for (my $i=0; $i < __ELEM__('iw_file'); ++$i)
{
__INSERT__("<file path='__TAG__(iw_file[$i]);' comment='Selected DCR'/>\n");
}
]]></template_script></files>
</externaltask>
<!-- =============== Set File Properties =================== -->
<externaltask name="File Properties"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Set file properties">
<areavpath v='__INSERT__("$areavpath");'/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Apply Metadata To Linked Files">
<succ v="Metadata"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v='__INSERT__("$iwperl_home/bin/iwperl $iwhome/local/custom/scripts/HRDC_dcr_saveandclose.ipl");'/>
<activation>
<pred v="Validate DCR"/>
</activation>
</externaltask>
<!-- ====================== Reject DCR ============== -->
<usertask name="Reject DCR"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Reject Invalid DCRs">
<areavpath v="__INSERT__($areavpath);"/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Validate DCR">
<succ v="Validate DCR"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<activation>
<pred v="Validate DCR"/>
</activation>
</usertask>
<!-- =============== Set Metadata =================== -->
<cgitask name="Metadata"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Apply Metadata">
<areavpath v="__INSERT__("$areavpath");"/>
<successors>
<successorset description="Validate metadata values">
<succ v="Validate Metadata"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v="mtmetaproxy.cgi"/>
<activation>
<pred v="File Properties"/>
</activation>
</cgitask>
Adam Stoller
A cgitask will never start immediately if it is preceeded by an externaltask. There are only three [general] scenarios in which a cgitask can start up immediately (see page 136 of the TeamSite Workflow Developer's Guide - Release 5.5.2 [SP3] - for more details (even if you aren't running SP3 - this section is accurate).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)