Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Reg Scatter Charts
Subha Vijayalekshmi
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to create a scatter chart from a data design file.The Actuate version that I am using is 11SP3 and Birt Designer Pro version is <span style="font-size:11pt;"><span style="font-family:calibri, sans-serif;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">2.6.3</span></span></span>.Though I could see other chart types in data visualization gadgets,scatter chart is not available.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Using rptdesign file ,I could see that scatter chart is possible.But I would like to know if the same can be achieved from a data design file.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help is much appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Subha</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi Subha,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As opposed to a Report Design (.rptdesign), you cannot create visualizations in a Data Design (.datadesign) file. A Data Design file is simply a container for structured data that you can use either as a source to a Report Design, or as a source to create dashboards or interactive crosstabs from an iServer session.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope this clarifies the issue. Please feel free to post more questions if I did not understand your question correctly in the first place.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Subha Vijayalekshmi
<p>Thanks Pricher.. I am trying to create a dashboard with the data design file as the source.In the dashboard I wanted to create a scatter chart.The data visualization gadgets for chart builder shows Column,Line,Bar,Doughnut and Pie Chart,but not the scatter.The Actuate iServer version is 11SP3.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Subha</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The oldest version of iServer I have access to is 11SP4, which includes Scatter Charts in dashboards. If my memory serves me well, I believe they were introduced in that Service Pack.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>