Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Date Parameter Validation Rule
sjlee
<p>I am currently using BIRT 2.6.1.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The reporting I'm developing prompts the user for a date. Is it possible to prevent the user from entering a date prior to today (maybe display a message)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another option I thought about was simply displaying no results in the report, but I would like something a little more user-friendly than that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for any help.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:13.63636302948px;">The reporting I'm developing prompts the user for a date. Is it possible to prevent the user from entering a date prior to today (maybe display a message)?</span></blockquote>
<p>with the OOTB parameter windows, that's not possible.</p>
<p>For this kind of functionalities, you will have to develop a custom page.</p>
<p> </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:13.63636302948px;">Another option I thought about was simply displaying no results in the report, but I would like something a little more user-friendly than that.</span></blockquote>
<p>If you want to display a message in the report, you can use the visibility function</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Here is a basic example</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>