Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding Data Sources to BIRT iHub F-Type
uvmowl
<p>I have successfully been able to upload and display my own reports in BIRT iHub F-Type. When I try to create a new report it only has the sample data available. I have searched all the documentation and I can't see how I can add a new Datasource to the iHub F-Type. Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>The data provisioning for BIRT iHub F-Type is done via BIRT Designer Professional which you can download here:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/resources/product-downloads/'>http://www.actuate.com/resources/product-downloads/</a></p>
;
<p>Documentation can be found here:</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><a class="bbc_url" href="
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/DAG/index.html"
; title="">
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/DAG/index.html</a></p>
;
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">Also if you want to build reports using Studio (browser based) or dashboards you need to create Data Objects. Some good blogs on the subjects:</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.actuate.com/birt-data-objects-more-than-meets-the-eye/'>http://blogs.actuate.com/birt-data-objects-more-than-meets-the-eye/</a></p>
;
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.actuate.com/introducing-birt-ihub-f-type-connecting-to-data-and-creating-a-design/'>http://blogs.actuate.com/introducing-birt-ihub-f-type-connecting-to-data-and-creating-a-design/</a></p>
;
gjvanetten
<p>How do you add Postgres drivers to ihub f type if you are using just the basic report designer?</p>
micajblock
<p>Postgres drivers should be included. Are you not able to run reports with Postgres?</p>
gjvanetten
<p>I published a report I designed in the BIRT basic report designer and I get cannot find Postgres driver errors.</p>
micajblock
<p>What OS did you install F-Type to?</p>
gjvanetten
<p>CentOS Linux 6.5</p>
micajblock
<p>Put your JDBC driver in:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;"><Actuate Home>/BIRTiHub/iHub/Jar/BIRT/platform/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_4.2.3.v20140709-0131/drivers</span></p>
gjvanetten
<p>I did</p>
<p> </p>
<p>./BIRTiHub/iHub/jar/BIRT/platform/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_4.2.3.v20140709-0131/drivers/postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc2.jar</p>
micajblock
<p>Did you restart the server after you put the JAR there?</p>
gjvanetten
<p>I sure did</p>
micajblock
<p>Start and stop scripts (startiHub.sh and stopiHub.sh) are in the BIRTiHub directory.</p>
micajblock
<p>Can you create a very simple design using the JDBC driver and post it here?</p>
gjvanetten
<p>I was looking at the xml version of the .rptdesign file noticed these properties:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> <property name="driverClass">org.postgresql.Driver</property><br>
<property name="jarList">C:\Users\jvane\Downloads\postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc2.jar</property></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do I need to modify the jarList to point to the right jar file?</p>
micajblock
<p>try taking out the path</p>
Xiaoquan Wu
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="uvmowl" data-cid="130732" data-time="1410536794">
<div>
<p>I have successfully been able to upload and display my own reports in BIRT iHub F-Type. When I try to create a new report it only has the sample data available. I have searched all the documentation and I can't see how I can add a new Datasource to the iHub F-Type. Thanks</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Did you solve this problem?I also encountered the same problem,how did you add new Datasource to the iHub F-Type.</p>
Xiaoquan Wu
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="130733" data-time="1410541373">
<div>
<p>The data provisioning for BIRT iHub F-Type is done via BIRT Designer Professional which you can download here:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.actuate.com/resources/product-downloads/'>http://www.actuate.com/resources/product-downloads/</a></p>
;
<p>Documentation can be found here:</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><a class="bbc_url" href="
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/DAG/index.html"
; title="">
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3-dev/DAG/index.html</a></p>
;
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">Also if you want to build reports using Studio (browser based) or dashboards you need to create Data Objects. Some good blogs on the subjects:</span></p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.actuate.com/birt-data-objects-more-than-meets-the-eye/'>http://blogs.actuate.com/birt-data-objects-more-than-meets-the-eye/</a></p>
;
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:14.4444446563721px;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.actuate.com/introducing-birt-ihub-f-type-connecting-to-data-and-creating-a-design/'>http://blogs.actuate.com/introducing-birt-ihub-f-type-connecting-to-data-and-creating-a-design/</a></p>
;
</div>
</blockquote>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Hello,</span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> I also encountered the same problem,how did you add new Datasource to the iHub F-Type.Form </span><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.opentext.com/introducing-birt-ihub-f-type-connecting-to-data-and-creating-a-design/,we'>http://blogs.opentext.com/introducing-birt-ihub-f-type-connecting-to-data-and-creating-a-design/,we</a>can
use Actuate BIRT Designer graphical user interface to create .datadesign and .data, But,II want to use my own code to generate *.datadesign file,how could I do? </p>
micajblock
<p>What is the use case? Why do you want to create a .datadesign file using code?</p>
Qingnan Zhao
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="142849" data-time="1458052106">
<div>
<p>What is the use case? Why do you want to create a .datadesign file using code?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">In your website,I know I can upload **.datadesign file to BIRT iHub.But this way cannot directly access the local data source.Then I wonder if I can generate the data design file,it will be more comfortable for user.I just want to try.I want to make it come true.I wil be very thankful to get your advice.^-^</span></p>
shiloam
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">Below is a link to an Eclipse project archive file for the project itself. It is self-contained for the most part and will produce a WAR file from the Eclipse Java EE perspective rather easily. I used the default iHub 3.1.1 installation paths for my build path for the project, so you may need to change those if they have their <strong>commercial </strong>BIRT platform directories in another location. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26831952/Dynamic BDO Web project backup.zip'>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26831952/Dynamic BDO Web project backup.zip</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">The created war file, along with the two files attached (you'll have to rename the filefolderlistcontent.txt to a .jsp) and specified below can be dropped onto any iHub deployment to immediately show an example of supporting user-supplied CSV files. But it’s important to note that it is just an example.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong><span style="color:#1f497d;">Instructions:</span></strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">Drop the war file produced into your Tomcat deployment directory, or add a context tag for it in the acpmdconfig.xml file:</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">Backup your filefolderlistcontent.jsp file in your BIRTiHubVisualization\modules\BIRTiHub\iHub\web\iportal\iportal\activePortal\private\filesfolders directory, and drop these two files in into the same folder:</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>filefolderlistcontent.jsp</p>
<p>uploadData.html</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">And then you may need to restart your iHub Tomcat instance depending on how you deployed the war.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">And that’s it. You should have the new button. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">To note:</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">1) </span><span style="color:#1f497d;">The username “Administrator†and a blank password (default for iHub) are hard-coded into the servlet code. You'll need to change it if you're using different usernames/passwords.</span></p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">2) </span><span style="color:#1f497d;">Right now the redirect occurs in the uploadData.html file. If you want to change it to use a fully qualified DNS name, you’ll have to edit that file. Line # 197 is the one you’ll want to edit.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">And in general, I would strongly recommend using OpenText Services to help facilitate this type of functionality. The example is just that, an example, and is hardly production level code.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">Thanks and enjoy!</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">The Lone Ranger</span></p>
micajblock
<p>P.S. I hope you are not using F-Type as this product has been discontinued. </p>
coolcgp
<p>Hi, all. I also want to use code to generate *.datadesign file instead of using graphical user interface in Actuate BIRT Designer. If I can do that, I will call my own code to create data source or data objects(*.datadesign file), then upload these datadesign files as data sources to "birt iHub" in web.</p>