Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sorting problem
Ramprasad
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have sorted data according grade. But it is not sorting properly. I want to show A grade data in first. I am attaching rpt design file and excel for data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any solution helps us a lot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Ramprasad.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi Ramprasad,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Even if you sort by GRADE in your query, you are grouping by STUDENT in your table. Therefore, your table will be sorted first by the group key (STUDENT), then within each group, by the sort key you defined in the table (GRADE).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe you can explain a bit more what you are attempting to achieve.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Ramprasad
<p>Hi Pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your quick response.</p>
<p>The highlighted data should display first and then remaining data.</p>
<p>But presentation of report is same(Repetition of every classid, class, section and student on each row should not happen)</p>
<p>PFA.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Ramprasad.</p>
pricher
<p>Assuming that a student has As in all subjects, you can add a grouping on Grade before the grouping on Student to sort first on Grade. In the table, you will need to remove the header and footer created for the Grade grouping.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have attached a new example,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Ramprasad
<p>Hi Pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is what i want. Exactly working. Thank you very much.</p>
<p>I also got the same output, but in different approach.</p>
<p>I have added the sortKey functionality to the TableGroupHandle. Where as you have added two TableGroupHandles.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We are generating these reports using design engine api. We have to generate nearly 100 reports.</p>
<p>We may also sort data two or more sortKeys. If it is the case, Do we need to create Multiple TableGroupHandles ? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Which way i have to follow to generate these reports(Shall i follow creating two TableGroupHandles or TableGroupHandle with SortKey Functionality) ?</p>
<p>PFA.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Ramprasad.</p>
pricher
<p>I don't know which approach is better. It might really depend on the test case.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>