Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Question about deploying reports, access by multiple users
ptrhead99
<p>I'm a new BIRT user (iHub3). Unclear in documentation how I do the following ...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to set up my users so that I can have all users see the same set of public reports. However, since I'll have a LOT of users, I only want to deploy my set of reports once for each build - I don't want to have to deploy to each and every user every time I have a new build and there's a new version of the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying to keep all my users in lock-step. I'm hoping that I can deploy to some admin type of user or group and have all users automatically see/access the new reports. However, just as important, I still need the individual users to have their own separate set of saved report templates. In other words, I want to have sharing of some things (public reports) but segregation of other types of things (private report template in user-private folders).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>How can this be done?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you have a set of reports that ALL your users can have access to, the best way to handle that scenario is to store your reports in a shared folder with View and Read privileges for All, and assign View and Read privileges for All when scheduling the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For private folders, you can set up a home folder when you create a user. By default, the home folder will be accessible only by the user to which it belongs, i.e. the View, Read and Write privileges will be assigned only to that user. Content (rptdesign through BIRT Studio or rptdocument through running and saving a report) that is created and saved by a user to his/her home folder will automatically get All the privileges for that user.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can learn more about Privileges in Chapter 2 and 3 of Using Visualization Platform at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ManualsIHUB3/using-visual-platform.pdf'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ManualsIHUB3/using-visual-platform.pdf</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
ptrhead99
<p>That did it - thanks !</p>