Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table/Grid overflows page width
Mikey71
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm a newbie to this forum so please forgive the basic question(s).<br>
<br>
Whilst implementing tables and grids I sometimes find the right hand side of the table overflows the page width. How can I reset the table to be 100% of the page width? If I totalled all of the columns to equal 100% should that reset the table width to fit the page? (In practice this doesnt seem to work though it might be that I have miss set some column width somewhere.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also which unit is best to use - pecentage makes more sense to me but maybe its not the best unit to use?<br>
<br>
Thanks for your help.</p>
<p>Using BIRT v 3.7.1</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Make sure your Table Width (after selecting the table, Properties --> General --> Width) is set to nothing. If the table width is not defined, it will automatically occupy the width available based on your Master Page setting. Just be aware that if you use the GUI to modify a column width, the table width will be set with a value!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As for selecting a unit of measure for column width, I don't know if there is a best practice. If you use percentages and the total for all your columns is not 100%, the table will still adjust itself to fit the available width. If you use inches, cms, etc, and the total is bigger than the available space, the table will overflow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Practice makes it perfect!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>