Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Java Security Exception with BIRT 4.4.0 runtime
bmac
<p>After upgrading to birt-runtime-osgi-4_4_0, I am getting Java Security Exceptions when running reports from a Java application. The stack trace follows:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptOrFnNode"'s sig<br>
ner information does not match signer information of other classes in the same p<br>
ackage<br>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java:943)<br>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.java:657)<br>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:785)<br>
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:14<br>
2)<br>
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)<br>
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)<br>
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)<br>
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)<br>
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)<br>
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)<br>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)<br>
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)<br>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)<br>
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileImpl(Context.java:2362)<br>
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileString(Context.java:1359)<br>
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileString(Context.java:1348)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine.<clinit>(J<br>
avascriptEngine.java:80)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngineFactory.cre<br>
ateScriptEngine(JavascriptEngineFactory.java:125)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.ScriptContext.createEngine(ScriptContext<br>
.java:246)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.ScriptContext.getScriptEngine(ScriptCont<br>
ext.java:235)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.ScriptContext.compile(ScriptContext.java<br>
:152)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.compile(Exec<br>
utionContext.java:779)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.evaluate(Exe<br>
cutionContext.java:713)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.ScriptExecutor.handleS<br>
criptInternal(ScriptExecutor.java:118)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.ScriptExecutor.handleS<br>
cript(ScriptExecutor.java:105)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.script.internal.ReportScriptExecutor.h<br>
andleInitialize(ReportScriptExecutor.java:84)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.loadDesign(EngineT<br>
ask.java:1962)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAnd<br>
RenderTask.java:99)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRe<br>
nderTask.java:77)<br>
at ReportList.run_birt(ReportList.java:778)<br>
at ReportList.run_report(ReportList.java:607)<br>
at ReportList.actionPerformed(ReportList.java:254)<br>
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:20<br>
18)<br>
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.jav<br>
a:2341)<br>
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel<br>
.java:402)<br>
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259<br>
)<br>
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonL<br>
istener.java:252)<br>
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:2<br>
89)<br>
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)<br>
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3321)<br>
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)<br>
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)<br>
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)<br>
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)<br>
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)<br>
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832<br>
)<br>
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)<br><br>
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)<br>
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)<br>
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)<br>
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)<br>
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:729)<br>
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)<br>
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:688)<br>
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:686)<br>
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)<br>
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDo<br>
main.java:76)<br>
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDo<br>
main.java:87)<br>
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:702)<br>
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:700)<br>
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)<br>
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDo<br>
main.java:76)<br>
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:699)<br>
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThre<br>
ad.java:242)<br>
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.<br>
java:161)<br>
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre<br>
ad.java:150)<br>
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)<br><br>
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)<br><br>
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The class "org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptOrFnNode" is in the ReportEngine/plugins folder and is apparently not signed the same way as the other classes. Is this a problem with the distribution or must I configure something to make it work properly?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will appreciate any suggestions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Bmac</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>What version are you upgrading from? Where did you download the runtime from?</p>
bmac
<p>The Java application is running on a separate computer with Birt 3.7.2. I am setting up a new machine so I downloaded 4.4.0 and changed the Java code to point to the proper BIRT HOME. Everything else seems to be working correctly including Java, Eclipse, Birt Report Designer, and my application. I have not yet tried to download 3.7.2 to the new machine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My initial thought was that the files on the Georgia Tech mirror ( that was the location from which I downloaded the Birt runtime package ) were for some reason not signed correctly. I can try a different mirror if you will suggest one that you know is correct. Something else on the new machine may not be set up properly. Any suggestion will be appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks,</p>
<p>bmac</p>
mwilliams
<p>I usually pick the Indiana University one. I have not tried the OSGi runtime in a while. Let me download the 4.4.0 runtime and write a simple java application to run from it. Do you get this issue if you run the code from an Eclipse Java project?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You might also try BIRT 4.4.1. It was just released the other day.</p>
bmac
<p>This was not an Eclipse Java project, just hand coded Java. That may be a clue and I can try redoing it in Eclipse. One other possibility is that the system which works is using 32 bit software whereas the one that is failing uses 64 bit software. I am trying to make sure everything is consistent.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did try downloading 4.4.1 from Indiana University but got the same error. That probably rules out anything wrong on the Georgia Tech mirror.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>bmac</p>
bmac
<p>OK, I finally found the problem. There was an erroneous entry in CLASSPATH that pointed to an obsolete jar file. The error message was correct, I was looking in the wrong place.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>bmac</p>
twonjee2002
<p>I am having this same error, can you please guide me on how to detect the jar files causing the problem. I have tried to remove and replace the following jar file(org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionNode) but i still get the error message. Please help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>class "org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionNode"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package. Stacktrace follows:<br><br>
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null<br>
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)<br>
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)<br>
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)<br>
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report.<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.handleFatalExceptions(EngineTask.java:2360)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.doRun(RunAndRenderTask.java:191)<br>
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunAndRenderTask.run(RunAndRenderTask.java:77)</p>