Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How would you create report from XLS with > 600 Rows
domurada
<p>Hello Guys,</p>
<p>Me again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So simple Question, how would you create a Report from an XLS with over 600 Rows. <br>
I have an huge XLS File, where on the First Row are Datum Fields (who change regular) and on the First Column are the actual labels.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>you can use your Excel file as a datasource and the sheet containing your 600 rows like a normal dataset.</p>
domurada
<p>I have tried that. <br>
Created a Excel DataSource, but when I try to create the Dataset I have like no way to configurate the how and which data I actual want. It just gives me the ability to pick the Sheet, and then some Indicators from Row like it would read a Table. I want my Data transposed. </p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>in fact to use an Excel sheet in BIRT, the data inside has to be structured like a database table.</p>
<p>It means you have to place the data/value you want to use in BIRT before in the Excel sheet more or less like this.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
| COLUMN A | COLUMN B | COLUMN C
---+
+
+
1| <my field 1> | <my field 2> | <my field 3>
---+
+
+
2|<my value 1.1>|<my value 2.1>|<my value 3.1>
---+
+
+
3|<my value 1.2>|<my value 2.2>|<my value 3.2>
---+
+
+
4|<my value 1.3>|<my value 2.3>|<my value 3.3>
---+
+
+
5|<my value 1.4>|<my value 2.4>|<my value 3.4>
---+
+
+
6|<my value 1.5>|<my value 2.5>|<my value 3.5>
</pre>
domurada
<p>Poorly I am not able to configure the Excel Sheet or more not allowed to. <br><br>
</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
| 1.1.2014 | 2.5.2014 | 10.7.2014
---+
+
+
Group A|
---+
+
+
A.1|<my value 1.1>|<my value 2.1>|<my value 3.1>
---+
+
+
A.2|<my value 1.2>|<my value 2.2>|<my value 3.2>
---+
+
+
Group B|
---+
+
+
B.1|<my value 1.4>|<my value 2.4>|<my value 3.4>
---+
+
+
Group C
---+
+
+
C.1|<my value 1.1>|<my value 2.1>|<my value 3.1>
---+
+
+
C.2|<my value 1.2>|<my value 2.2>|<my value 3.2>
</pre>
<p>
That is how my Excel Sheet is looking.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Right now, the only way I see to solve your problem is to create a scripting dataset which will give the right output of your Excel file.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1) On the onFetch event of your Excel DataSet, put the different rows in an array for instance</p>
<p>2) In the scripted DataSet read the array and with javascript code place the different "cells" the way you want</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>BTW, the easiest solution will be to modify the excel file before, but if you're not allowed to do it
</p>
domurada
<p>Ye that it won't be easy was sure at start... Maybe I find/write a Tool that could change the XLS Temporary to read it but I dunno if I could build this in automaticly.<br><br>
One way, what whould make everything **** of easier would be a Function who would be called in the OnFetch or anyother Event, which would allow me to add new Cells to the existing DataSet. Is there a possiblity to do that ?</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="domurada" data-cid="131001" data-time="1411730870">
<div>
<p>One way, what whould make everything **** of easier would be a Function who would be called in the OnFetch or anyother Event, which would allow me to add new Cells to the existing DataSet. Is there a possiblity to do that ?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Probably yes, but certainly very hard to do. BTW, this won't solve your problem.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Either you can modify the Excel file before using it in BIRT, or on the fly with, on my point of view, a scripted dataset</p>