Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Authorization while Report Rendering?
Daniel.Winter
<p>Hey,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have some security questions. We are using the Java Components as our Reporting Framework within our Webapp. </p>
<p>Our Product is installed on sight at our customers. The product consits basically of a WebServer+Our Webapplication+ JavaComponents</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Our Webapplication contains it's own Usermanagement which is used for Authentication (login) and Authorization (Access Rights).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Currently we identified these Authorization objects:</p>
<p>- Reports</p>
<p>- Data</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That means a user is assigned to a specific group (currently only one). This group has several reports assigned. </p>
<p>That means he only sees the reports he is "allowed" to see.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The design is pretty clear and would work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now comes the tricky part. The user should also be only able to see specific data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For example:</p>
<p>Let's say we have a user in Sales. He is responsible for complete Sales in France. Therefore he has several reports where he can check his turnover and revenue. </p>
<p>The same report is also available for the Sales responsible in Germany. Now I want to assure technically that the Sales guy in france is only able to see his data and the one from germany only the ones from germany.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>That means I have one database with all the data centrally stored. With a parameter I would differentiate that. But the Parameter would have to be linked with the appropriate access rights for the user. </p>
<p>He should not be able to change the parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The other thing would be for the Sales Responsible for EMEA. He should be able to see the data for Germany AND France...but not for the US...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope you know where I'm getting at...is there any functionality coming from actuate/birt to support such access rights?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>regards</p>
<p>daniel</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Can the user management be queried? </p>