Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error Installation Linux Runlevel 5
Allan Coulon
<p>Hi,</p>
<p>I am trying to install ActuateFType on OpenSuse. I have got error saying that I should be running linux under level 5, but I am running it on level 5 .So i don't understand why?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a lot,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Allan</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Hi Allan,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please confirm the specific version of OpenSuse which you are utilizing?</p>
serenahe
<p>Hi <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:13.63636302948px;">Allan,</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;font-size:13.63636302948px;">Please check the following document for the Supported Product Matrix for F-type installation:</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/resources/supported-products/birt-ihub-ftype/'>http://developer.actuate.com/resources/supported-products/birt-ihub-ftype/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>You can check the specific requirements for OpenSuse OS.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Serena</p>
Allan Coulon
<p>Hi Serena, Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much for your posts. Sorry to be late to answer</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have tried on the last openSUSE-13.1-DVD-x86_64 and CentOS-7.0-1406-x86_64-DVD.</p>
<p>But I have got the same message. i don't understand why?</p>
<p>It is true that i have only 4Go of RAM.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a nice week-end,</p>
<p>Thanks a lot,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Allan</p>
JFreeman
<p>Hi Allan,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When you performed the CentOS installation, which variant of the installation for the distribution are you using (minimal, Gnome Desktop, etc)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm working on trying to replicate this behavior however, thus far I have been unable to and I would like to try and align our environment as closely as possible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks.</p>
beitinsw
<p>Hi Jesse,<br>
I'm having the same issue as Allan. I installed CentOS 6.5 minimal, ran yum update, and the installer reports that I have to be at runlevel 3 or 5, when I'm actually at 3. Are there some missing packages that the installer needs?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Steve</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0">
The BIRT iHub installation process requires running Linux at run level 3 or 5.
[user@server BIRTiHubFType]$ runlevel
N 3
</pre>
JFreeman
<p>Hi Steve,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I believe this may be an issue of how the installer script is checking for the run level and the output which is being obtained from your environment. I have not done a CentOS 6.5 minimal however, I have installed on CentOS 7.0 minimal in run level 3 without receiving this error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you please let me know the output of running: who -r</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could you also create a testing shell script within your environment with the following code and let me know the result of running it:</p>
<p> </p>
<div style="margin-left:40px;">if [ -z "`who -r | grep "run-level 3"`" ] && [ -z "`who -r | grep "run-level 5"`" ];then</div>
<div style="margin-left:40px;"> echo "run level 3 or 5 could not be detected properly"</div>
<div style="margin-left:40px;"> exit 1</div>
<div style="margin-left:40px;">fi</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,</div>
beitinsw
<p>who -r reported "Runlevel 3", which is why it couldn't detect "run-level 3" properly. I simply modified the install.sh to reflect the actual results and it's moving forward.</p>
beitinsw
<p>The "problem" is that I didn't install an English version of CentOS.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Hi Steve,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you for the update and details.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will file and enhancement request to more eloquently handle the run level check.</p>
Allan Coulon
<p>Hi, Thanks to all, this problem was due to my OS installation in French.</p>
<p>Problem is solved, it's working</p>