Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Auto update Excel Data
kvram25
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have set up a dashboard on my F-type server with a Data set/ Data Source connected to a EXCEL sheet in my project folder.</p>
<p>There is a Bar graph in the dashboard which shows cost vs month. I have updated rows upto August month say. Now If I add September month cost data to the source Excel sheet and save the same. So now I expect to see one New Bar showing September Data. But This does not happen. I have set the dashboard to refresh at 10 minutes interval. Nothing happens. Even refreshing the webpage also does not add the new data to the Bar chart. In Report Designer Pro I am able to Preview the updated data in the Data set "edit" screen..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestion??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Ram</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You need to set the Auto Refresh option at the tab level, not the gadget level. To do so, select a tab and choose Edit --> Options.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, make sure you are sourcing from a .datadesign, not a .data, in order for the data object to be re-executed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>