<p>I'm wondering if there is a way to achieve the above.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Simplistic example:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Say I have some financial data for a number of years</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2013 amt1 amt2 amt3</p>
<p>2014 amt1 amt2 amt3</p>
<p>2015 amt1 amt2 amt3</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and a report that displays the financial data (amt1 amt2 amt3) for any one year.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to have a drop down list populated with the years available in the data (2013 2014 2015) embedded in the report that drives which year's data is presented in the rendered table. This should allow the user, once the report is rendered, to select which year's data to display.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes, this is exactly what I could do with a parameter, but I do not want to have to re-run the report every time to invoke the built-in parameter dialogue

</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Am using BIRT 2.6.</p>
<p> </p>