Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
NPE while opening report file
minthril
<p>Hello,</p>
<p>Recently I created report in eclipse Kelper (4.3.2) with BIRT things installed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In dynamic web project I created report for customer - privacy policy - can not attach it, but it is simple.</p>
<p>It has:</p>
<p>1 database connection</p>
<p>2 data sets</p>
<p>1 grid</p>
<p>2 tables</p>
<p>1 chart</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and added some scripts to check if startDate and endDate is higher than 31 days or not - according this some of above parts will be visible or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Everything works fine when I design it. Even "View Report" shows results that makes me happy about completed work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But when I shut down Eclipse, start it again and want to open report design then no design shows - only information about NullPointerException appears </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
minthril
<p>I found the issue (but it is weird)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do not know why but changing in Master Page format of report page to A3 causes it. When I change to A3 format I can design and so on. But when I close this report, change Eclipse perspective to "Java EE" and then choose ths report again then I get this errors. The same result I get in BIRT report designer. Even in situation when I have blank report and just change format to A3 - close report and reopen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could someone make test like this in Eclipse (with Birt and Java EE perspective):</p>
<p>- in any web project add report (in Java EE perspective)</p>
<p>- open this report and change its format from letter to A3 (Birt perspective)</p>
<p>- close this report, change to "Java EE" perspective</p>
<p>- open report again</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I doubt that is Eclipse&BIRT issue but I would like to confirmation from anyone. If that works so problem is in my java.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best regards,</p>
<p>minthril</p>