Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding null date values in a crosstab.
Spacemac
<p>I have a crosstab where one of the groups contains a date. When the date is null, i want to display a space, anything I'V tried including the code below on the expression for the binding name of the field. Yet it still displays Jan 1, 0001. How can I get it to display a space instead when the value is Null?</p>
<pre>
if (["Group5"]["CP_EXPIRATION_DATE"] == null ) {
" ";
} else {
dimension["Group5"]["CP_EXPIRATION_DATE"];
}
</pre>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Have you tried deleting the data element in the crosstab and replacing it with a data element from the palette with your expression in it? Or doing a visibility expression on the original data element to hide it when the null value is there?</p>
Spacemac
<p>I do not want to hide the whole row just space out the date. See the attached document. Each row needs to be displayed but those with a null date should have the date field show as spaces.</p>
<p> </p>
mwilliams
<p>I hear ya. I'm only talking about the data element where the date shows. Not the entire row. It should still show as a blank space in that cell if you hide the element.</p>