Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing a value to a child data set
megabri
<p>How do I pass a value from a main dataset to a child data set? I'm using a JDBC connection. My main data set is SELECT CLAIMID, PERSONID FROM CLAIM and my child data set is SELECT PERSONID, FIRSTNAM, LASTNAME FROM PERSON. I want to show the child data set in a table under the main data set so it will show claim information then under it person information. I need to pass the PERSONID from the main data set to the child. Any ideas?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>why didn't you join your two query in one or <span style="font-size:14px;">use a nested table ?</span></p>
megabri
<p>I'm trying to do a nested table but i need the value from the main table passed to the child table.</p>
GLO_FR
<p>No problem.</p>
<p>I will send you an example.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>what version of BIRT are you using ?</p>
GLO_FR
<p>Here is an example made with BIRT 3.7.2</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The trick is to give a name to your master table and your child table.</p>
<p>Once you have created the group inside your master table, on the group section, place your child table and on this table, on the filter sheet, create a link between master and child 'see screenshot)</p>
<p> </p>
megabri
<p>That's just what i was looking for! Thank you so much!</p>
GLO_FR
<p>you're welcome</p>