Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error creating data set on Vertica data source
mayxue
<p>I am using Vertica JDBC connection, Birt was able to connect to the data source correctly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then, created a data set based on the Vertica data source, just a simple "select ...from... limit 100" statement, and it errored out with the following error:</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"><em>Cannot execute the statement.<br>
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.<br>
SQL error #1:[Vertica][JDBC](10460) Invalid fetch size: 10000. Valid size range: 0 to 6.0.<br>
;<br>
java.sql.SQLException: [Vertica][JDBC](10460) Invalid fetch size: 10000. Valid size range: 0 to 6.0.</em></p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"> </p>
<p>Then I changed the query to limit 5, but an error:</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"><em>Cannot execute the statement.<br>
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.<br>
SQL error #1:[Vertica][JDBC](10460) Invalid fetch size: 10000. Valid size range: 0 to 500.0.<br>
;<br>
java.sql.SQLException: [Vertica][JDBC](10460) Invalid fetch size: 10000. Valid size range: 0 to 500.0.</em></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not sure what the deal is with the valid size range.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has anyone used Birt with Vertica JDBC? Have you run into issues like this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>If you leave off the limit portion, do you still have issues?</p>
mayxue
<p>I actually started without the LIMIT clause first, and got the following error. Then I thought I probably should have put in LIMIT, but that didn't help. It does not seem to help with or without a LIMIT and how many records I limit it to.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><em>Cannot execute the statement.</em></p>
<p><em> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: SQL statement does not return a ResultSet object.<br>
SQL error #1:[Vertica][JDBC](10460) Invalid fetch size: 10000. Valid size range: 0 to 500.0.<br>
;<br>
java.sql.SQLException: [Vertica][JDBC](10460) Invalid fetch size: 10000. Valid size range: 0 to 500.0.</em></p>
mwilliams
<p>Is this when you're trying to run a preview of the data set or when you run the report? If just when previewing the data set, could you try dragging a table from the data set into the layout of the report and running it in the web viewer?</p>