Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
"global_sr_LAT_RS" works. "global_sr_LATN_RS" doesn't.
jdewells25
<p>Greetings, one and all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm tearing my hair out at this particular issue, but I've got an inkling as to the underlying cause and wanted to ask if there was any way to dig more info up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For reference, we're using version 2.4.2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As the title says, property files containing more than three letters as their Country field, e.g. LATN simply do not load with BIRT. The locale code<em> sr_Latn_RS </em>becomes <em>sr_RS</em>, while the code <em>sr_Cyrl_RS</em> becomes <em>en_GB</em>, although that makes me suspect that there's something else modifying the locale codes in my particular setup rather than an inherent feature in BIRT.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Setting the locale as <em>sr_Latn_RS</em> correctly formats dates and whatnot. But for my property file, I would need to use a file such as <em>sr_RS.properties</em>, which means I would be unable to translate Cyrillic independently.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there any more information on the subject of BIRT's interaction with these languages?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">ICU is only used for format, all others are using java loading localization properties file.</span></p>