Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple subgroups at same level
eric2000
<p>I want to create a top groups with multiple subgroups at same level. Like</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Group</p>
<p>
Subgroup1</p>
<p>
Subgroup2</p>
<div>
Subgroup3</div>
<p> </p>
<p>But I fail to do it. It seems Birt doesn't support it whereas it support </p>
<p>Group</p>
<p>
Subgroup1</p>
<p>
Subgroup2</p>
<div>
Subgroup3</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Attached please find my design (user case). The data structure is flexible but not design. Any help will be appreciate. My case is urgent.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks in advance</div>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Based on your mockup, I created a data structure that I could feed to a BIRT table that has two levels of grouping, Individual and Section. The data structure looks like this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Individual Section Type Data<br>
String String String String<br>
Eric Phone Home 555-555-1212<br>
Eric Phone Cell 555-444-1212<br>
Eric Phone Office 555-333-1212<br>
Eric Address Home Home Address<br>
Eric Address Girlfriend Betty's Address<br>
Tony Phone Home 444-555-1212<br>
Tony Phone Cell 444-444-1212<br>
Tony Address Home Home Address<br>
Tony Address Office Office Address<br>
Tony Address Mom Mom's place<br>
</p>
<p>I have attached the data file in Excel and a sample design.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
eric2000
<p>Thank you very much for your reply. You are so kind.</p>
<p>One thing I may forget to mention: the two subgroup (phone and address) are total different appearance:</p>
<p>The phone section name is phone and one column name is phone.</p>
<p>The address section name is address and one column name is address.</p>
<p>The two group may have different number of columns.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't think we cannot use one subgroup (Section) to represent the two total different data.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help will be appreciated. Thank you again.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For that type of formatting, you can use the Visibility property to hide and show specific objects in your report. In this revised version, I have created a 2-row grid for displaying the column labels; the Visibility of each row is set based on the value of the Section column. The same technique applies for displaying more columns if it's an address.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
eric2000
<p>Thank you very much. It works!</p>