Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Generate report with ReportEngine Performance
stade13
<div>Hello everyone, </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I try to integrate BIRT solution to my interface developed in PHP. To generate reports, I use ReportEngine to generate the report in PDF and XLS. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>To do this I run the following :</div>
<div> </div>
<div>sh genReport.sh -p "param1=12" -f PDF -o test.pdf test.rptdesign" for pdf and</div>
<div> </div>
<div> "sh genReport.sh -p "param1=12" -f XLS -o test.xls test.rptdesign" for excel.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>So that's two commands to generate a single report and the performance level is not the top, I want to know if there is a way to generate PDF and XLS at one time? </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>If you wrote your own java class to generate your reports, you could run both on a single instance of the BIRT Engine. That would improve your performance. Also, you could use the run task to generate the .rptdocument and then render both outputs off of the report document. This would probably also save you some time.</p>