Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Text field
Bravoeb
<div>On a report, I have the following Dynamic Text on the 'detail row' which gives me the requisite information correctly. There are approximately 10 of these on a single row, each looking for a specific string value which in turn displays a date value. The only problem is that the report handles each of these Dynamic Text fields as an separate row of information when the condition is exists, <span>i</span>.<span>e</span>. if there'<span>s</span> an entry for the specific string:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
<div>
<p><b>if</b> (row["CPNT_ID"]=='CM.CCTV')</p>
<p>{row["COMPL_DTE"]}</p>
<p><b>else</b> {}</p>
</div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Do I need to make each of these Dynamic Text fields a "global variable", per <span>se</span>, and have them re-displayed on a single line, let'<span>s</span> say down in the group footer? If so, how?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>If I do need to create a variable, how do I reset the "variable" after each "group" so that the calculations start out fresh for each record, in this case, for each user?</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Sorry if this is a dumb question...</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>can't you use a computed column ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you hav the possibility to create a sample report <span style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">of what you want to do </span><span style="font-size:14px;">(based on a flatfile, scripted dataset or the classic model DB) and upload it ?</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">It will be easier to give you some tips and advises.</span></p>