Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Footer using external file
olivia08
<p>On the Master Page of my report, I have a Text report item and used the OnCreate event to call a function that's located in my external file so that it would then display the footer but it won't work. Can you tell me how I can accomplish this. I want the footer in an external file so that it can be used on multiple reports.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>First I tried something like this:</p>
<p>document.write ('<div style="text-align:left; width 300px;">Footer</div>')</p>
<p>and it didn't recognize document.write</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>so then tried this:</p>
<p>function footer () {</p>
<p>this.content = "Footer";</p>
<p>}</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>The onCreate script of the text control won't run as client side script. If I'm understanding correctly, you'd need to read in your external file in script, then set the text of the textbox to be the HTML you want in your footer. You'd also need to be sure you selected HTML as the textbox type from the dropdown in the textbox editor.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding your issue.</p>
olivia08
<p>Sorry..I may not have explained myself very well. So I want to have the code for the footer to be in a external file so that I can use that for other reports as well. And if I need to change the footer, I would only have to change it in one place (in the file). How can I get the page to display the external file output?</p>
mwilliams
<p>Have you tried using a library? Create your footer element in the library and then use that in all of your reports? You'd only need to change the element in the library and the changes would filter down to the different report designs.</p>
olivia08
<p>Yep...that worked. Thanks!</p>
mwilliams
<p>Awesome! Glad to help!
</p>