Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
drill through from x axis labels
Pnina Alfia Eliyahu
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm a newer to birt...</p>
<p>I'm trying to build a chart with drill through from the x-axis series labels - my chart contains locations in the x-axis and sales amount in the y-axis. my requiremnt is displaying a chart with sub-locations when clicking on a location in the x-axis.</p>
<p>I didn't manage to pass the clicked x-axis label as a parameter report...</p>
<p>does anyone have a suggestion?</p>
<p>the report is attached.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks in advance,</p>
<p>Pnina.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>You'll have to do the drill down on the value series instead of the axis, unfortunately.</p>
Pnina Alfia Eliyahu
<p>Thanks Michael!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm trying to find a work around for this issue,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you know if there a way to make drill Through using javaScript and send </p>
<p>axisLabel as the parameter ?</p>
mwilliams
<p>You're welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions!
</p>
Pnina Alfia Eliyahu
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">I do have one more question
</p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Do you know if I can work around this issue using javascript? - Is there a way to make drill Through using javaScript and send </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">the clicked axisLabel as the parameter? </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;"> </p>
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Thanks a lot! it is very helpfull to consult with someone who really understands Birt
</p>
mwilliams
<p>I don't think you'll be able to do it as there is no interactivity on the individual labels, but let me see if I can find some sort of hack to do it.
I'll let you know if I find something.</p>
Pnina Alfia Eliyahu
<p>thanks Michael !</p>