Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Could I have some suggestions on my environment running Birt?
p.gonzales
<p>/resolved</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Right now I am getting this error message when accessing a .rptdesign</p>
<p> </p>
<p>"Fatal error occurred when try to startup report engine."</p>
<p>and first line of stacktrace "org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: Fatal error occurred when try to startup report engine."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Right now I am running Birt in glassfish4, with struts 2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I added this servlet to my web.xml and a mapping to the url pattern.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml">
<!-- Engine Servlet -->
<servlet>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>EngineServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/output</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</pre>
<p>I also added this constant to struts.xml in order to get it to ignore url's that start with output</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-xml">
<constant name="struts.action.excludePattern" value="/output*" />
</pre>
<p>I added the birt runtime libs to web-inf/libs, I got the error, then I added them to project/libraries and got the same error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was just wondering if I was missing something obvious in my environment that would be causing me to get a error.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
p.gonzales
<p>Here is an update, the above still applies.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Considering in my web.xml I have this servlet-class org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet may be the issue.</p>
<p>Right now I am using the Birt Runtime libraries found in the distribution folder under birt-runtime-4_4_0\WebViewerExample\WEB-INF\lib</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Am I using the wrong libraries?</p>
p.gonzales
<p>I solved the issue browsing the forums, thanks for this great resource. In case anyone wonders the issue was I needed to right click the project in Netbeans, add library. But navigate to the project folder, web-inf, lib, then make a library out of them. Don't use two sets of libraries if you copy the libs into web-inf lib point netbeans to that location.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>/resolved</p>