Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Creating new report / dashboard in F-Type
kvram25
<p>Hi</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to directly build a dashboard / report by using Create / New in F-type server. In the first step it is asking for Data source under Project / draft directory and does not find any Data source.So i am not able to proceed any further.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However I am able to develop report / dashboard using BIRT Report designer PRO and then upload successfully fo f-type server under application folder.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1.</p>
<p>The question is without using the stand alone designer-pro is it possible to design Dashboard / report directly in F-type server. The please share document which tells the step by step procedure.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2.</p>
<p>Also i would like to know can I use F-type server dashboard as Data entry to a back-end database? Or is it Read only?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3.</p>
<p>Is it possible to setup SMTP email in F-type to email reports on daily basis to selected recipients??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Ram KV</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<ol><li>One needs to define the data in BD Pro by creating Data Objects.</li>
<li>Not without some major customization. Can you describe the use case?</li>
<li>Yes, see these forum posts - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34931-f-type-email-setup/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34931-f-type-email-setup/</a>
; <a>and
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/34938-send-email-with-attached-report/. However</a>
; you cannot attach the reports as this circumvents the data out limitations. Enterprise iHub has this functionality.</li>
</ol><p><span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;">BTW, good timing on the question as we are currently </span>starting<span style="font-size:14.4444446563721px;"> Live training on these topics. More information and registration can be found here - </span><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/ftype/live-training/'>http://developer.actuate.com/ftype/live-training/</a></p>
;
kvram25
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding Point No 1 I already have uploaded the Datadesign object to the Project DATA OBJECTS Directory in F-type.</p>
<p>However when I try to create a New dashboard in F-type I am not able to see the Data Source. I am only shown Project / draft directory with empty Datasource. Please see the pictures in attached XL sheet and advise.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ram</p>
micajblock
<p>Try putting the data object in the Resources/Data Objects folder.</p>
kvram25
<p>Tried as advised</p>
<p>But problem remains.</p>
<p>Data Source is not visible.</p>
micajblock
<p>That should not be possible. Can you send a screenshot of the the resources directory on the server?</p>
kvram25
<p>Mr Block,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please see the attached screenshot of resources folder</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>ram</p>
dmoore
<p>in the drop down of that object in data > view details<br>
it shows you access rights - does it have rights?</p>
micajblock
<p>What user are you using to log in to iHub F-Type?</p>