Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cascading Parameter Group with Allowing Multiple Values
jborunda
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a problem passing multiple values from a parameter. </p>
<p>I have a Data set and created a cascading parameter group where I have a Category parameter (integer) and an Application parameter (integer) where I have set the Allowing Multiple Values option. In the main data set, I have two ? in the where clause. Everything looks correct, the prompt window works as intended, the only problem is that when I select multiple values, the report only returns one, I have use the following script in beforeOpen params["applications"].value.join(","); </p>
<p> </p>
<p>and I still can't get to display all the values. Can somebody point me to what I'm missing or doing wrong?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jorge</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
GLO_FR
<p>One way to do it is to modify dynamicaly your query.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>in the <strong>beforeOpen </strong>event of your DS, just add this</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
myParam=" WHERE XXXX IN ('" + params["applications"].value.join("','") + "')";
this.queryText += myParam;
</pre>
<p>or, if applications is an integer</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
myParam=" WHERE XXXX IN (" + params["applications"].value.join(",") + ")";
this.queryText += myParam;
</pre>
micajblock
<p>Check out this DevShare</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/722-using-a-multivalue-parameter-in-a-in-clause/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/722-using-a-multivalue-parameter-in-a-in-clause/</a></p>
;