Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
using external CSS for HTML, PDF reports via API - supported attributes?
mimocx
<p>Hello,</p>
<p>right now I'm using BIRT API 4.4 to generate rptdesign files. The Styles I need are generated via StyleHandle, which works fine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>To be more flexible I want to <strong>use an external CSS file to style the report</strong> to be generated. As far as I now one can add an external CSS file via API.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have some questions about this topic:</p>
<ol><li>what is the correct API call, when I start from ReportDesignHandle?</li>
<li>how to reference any BIRT element to the styles given inside the CSS file? Do I just use the CSS-class names?</li>
<li>what set of CSS and CSS3 attributes supported for BIRT reports?</li>
<li>is this set of CSS and CSS3 attributes available for every export format (for example HTML, PDF, etc)?</li>
<li>will the CSS file be included inside a generated PDF output? Or will it just link to the CSS file url?</li>
</ol><p>Sorry, but I couldn't find some documentation especially for (3) and (4).</p>
<p>Can you please point me to the document pages, please!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Michael</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet